Friday, June 6, 2008

My Son, The Padawan

Jumping on the Star Wars Weekends bandwagon, I wanted to share some pictures from my trip to Walt Disney World a couple of weeks ago. My kids are all Star Wars nuts, especially my 4 1/2 year old son Elias. It was, without a doubt, the most magical moment of our trip when Elias got picked to go on stage at the (kind of) new Jedi Training Academy show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Elias spends most of his time at home playing with his lightsaber, so when he donned the Jedi robe and was handed a lightsaber to train with, he felt right at home. (That's him in the middle, with the hood up and the purple lightsaber.) He was so into it and it actually brought a tear to the eyes of both my wife and I. It's a simple little show that is just done so well and really lets kids live out their fantasies.




Simply awesome!

1 comment:

Ryan P. Wilson said...

It's funny, Ed, on the day you posted this was the day that I spent three hours speaking with one of my preschoolers about Star Wars. This child has severe speech impediments, and has rarely put more than two words together in my classroom in the three years I have known him. Yet, when I helped him tie a sheet around his head and handed him a long padded blue block, he couldn't stop talking about Star Wars. We discussed everything while practicing our lightsaber skills all afternoon. It was one of the most touching moments I have ever had as a teacher.