Friday, January 25, 2008

Hey There! Hi There! Ho There!


Another day, another new Disney blog...right!?! Like so many others out there, I'm a huge fan of all things Disney and the obsession kind of runs my life. I've been blogging for about two years now on all kinds of stuff from my family to pop culture, nostalgia and animation and Disney news. I wanted to do a blog that was a little more focused and perhaps had a chance to reach a larger audience.


Like many of us my love of Disney goes back to my childhood. My family always gathered around the TV to watch the latest Disney specials. My parents honeymooned in Walt Disney World and I took my first trip by age four. My first plane ride was to Disney World when I was in the third grade and in the fourth grade we spent Christmas week in WDW, staying in Ft. Wilderness and taking in Epcot Center which had just opened three months earlier! I grew up watching old theatrical animated shorts (from all the studios) on television but my favorites were always the Disney shorts that you could only catch on TV once in a great while. The Disney Animated Classics were (and still are) very special and magical films that are unlike anything else Hollywood has ever produced.


And then there is the man himself Walt Disney. I'm quite sure during my school-age years I wrote enough reports on Walt Disney to fill a file cabinet. I read everything I could about Mr. Disney over the years and still find out new things about him that continue to fascinate me!


Now that I have two children of my own, I share the magic and wonder of Disney with them. I love watching the classic shorts and films with my kids as well as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Both kids have a dresser full of Disney clothing, a toybox full of Mickey Mouse toys, and bookshelf full of Disney stories. My oldest son even got Walt's middle name, Elias. (My wife wouldn't go for Mickey!!)


So I hope this blog will be an outlet for some of my Disney obsession and an avenue to meet and discuss Disney with new people! And away we go...

No comments: